Eastern Iowa A.I.’s health policies and facilities help protect your biosecurity. Dr. Chris Kuster owner of Kuster Research and Consulting Inc. oversees our herd health and semen quality assurance. We are always using the latest methods of ensuring a disease free product, as well as the recommended technologies to ensure we deliver the highest quality semen to our customers.
Your Herd Health And Semen Quality Is Our Concern.
Some of our current practices include:
- State of the art filtered barns
- Strict isolation protocol before boars are allowed in resident barns
- Barns are connected to a central lab with a pneumatic tube
- Shipping and receiving area is separate from boar housing facilities
- All personnel are required to shower into the barns. No visitors are allowed in the barns
- Serum is tested each collection day for PRRS with PCR and ELISA Testing
- Samples from each batch of semen is evaluated thru day seven
- Routine monitoring of semen samples by Dr. Kuster for concentration, motility, morphology, and bacteria
- On farm incinerator. No rendering trucks are allowed
- All feed is pelleted, picked up at an off-site location, and delivered with our own truck
- All lab technicians and boar collectors are highly trained
- Courier service with temperature monitoring devices and knowledgeable delivery people to protect the product and assure our customers that they will get their order on time
- We have had no health challenges since our start up in 1997